New Imageepoch JRPG | Sol Trigger [PSP]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

From the developers of the Luminous Arc series, Arc Rise Fantastia and Sands of Destruction comes a new PSP JRPG titled "Sol Trigger". The title was recently announced as one of few in their "second wave" or releases for their "original japanese RPG" release movement which already contains titles like Black Rock Shooter, Last Promise Story and their up and coming HD anime JRPG, Time and Eternity.

Andiasang (Trailer and screencaps here)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interested to say the least.
Thoughts?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

From the developers of the Luminous Arc series, Arc Rise Fantastia and Sands of Destruction comes a new PSP JRPG titled "Sol Trigger". The title was recently announced as one of few in their "second wave" or releases for their "original japanese RPG" release movement which already contains titles like Black Rock Shooter, Last Promise Story and their up and coming HD anime JRPG, Time and Eternity.

Shirokishi_

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Shirokishi_

[QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

Aljosa23

Theyre no Squaresoft but Last Ranker, ARF and 7th Dragon were all pretty damn great. Everything else was just sort of there.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Imageepoch is mixed bag, but this one does look nice.

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tikeio
Member since 2011 • 5332 Posts

What's up with the panty shots and crap? JRPGs are a joke nowadays. Can't even take them seriously anymore.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Will get it for the Vita if it ever release outside of japan

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

I made a thread about FF's Nojima writing the scenario the other day. From the screenshots, it looks a lot like Saigo no Yakusoku no Monogatari, especially with the Dragon Quest style battle screen (no characters shown), but it appears to be a of a slightly higher quality. Let's just see if it has the content to back it up, which Saigo really didn't. One thing that Saigo did have was a pretty good battle system that had me coming back for more.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hakanakumono

What's up with the panty shots and crap? JRPGs are a joke nowadays. Can't even take them seriously anymore.

Tikeio

This is true. -__-;

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
If you can't make a good game, make a perverted one. Arc Rise Fantasia is not too bad, as long as you play the undub. I usually prefer english dubs if they are done well enough (i.e Atlus) but holy **** did ARF have a horrible, god awful, unplayably bad VA cast.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Theyre no Squaresoft but Last Ranker, ARF and 7th Dragon were all pretty damn great. Everything else was just sort of there.

Shirokishi_

ARF was pretty boring, 7th Dragon was cool, and I haven't played the other one.

still meh

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Wanderer5

[QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

Aljosa23

Lol at her expression.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hakanakumono

Ugh the trailer. Seems like the game is going to bank heavily on being suggestive.

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Shirokishi_

[QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

Aljosa23

still meh

:o
Really?
And maybe one day Crapcom will be kind enough to allow Last Ranker overseas. Its Imageepochs best game (probably because of all the outside help).

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Shirokishi_

If you can't make a good game, make a perverted one. Arc Rise Fantasia is not too bad, as long as you play the undub. I usually prefer english dubs if they are done well enough (i.e Atlus) but holy **** did ARF have a horrible, god awful, unplayably bad VA cast. 110million

Did it really seem that perverse? I seen a panty shot or two but nothing Ar Tonlelica/face palm worthy.
And oh god yes, ARFs dub was ALMOST bad enough to deter me from playing. Atrocious.

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Shirokishi_

I made a thread about FF's Nojima writing the scenario the other day. From the screenshots, it looks a lot like Saigo no Yakusoku no Monogatari, especially with the Dragon Quest style battle screen (no characters shown), but it appears to be a of a slightly higher quality. Let's just see if it has the content to back it up, which Saigo really didn't. One thing that Saigo did have was a pretty good battle system that had me coming back for more.

hakanakumono

Yeah, its definitely using the same engine as Final Promise, its no big deal to me tho, visuals are amazing and battles give me a 7th Dragon/Etrian vibe.
This game is apparently the highest budget game Imageepoch currently has so who knows, maybe this game will turn out like Final Promise shouldve have; great.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

Shirokishi_

Yeah, its definitely using the same engine as Final Promise, its no big deal to me tho, visuals are amazing and battles give me a 7th Dragon/Etrian vibe.
This game is apparently the highest budget game Imageepoch currently has so who knows, maybe this game will turn out like Final Promise shouldve have; great.

If it doesn't stretch out a single dungeon map that you have to play over and over again to 5 hours of gameplay, then maybe it'll be okay.

As for it not being that bad, she does climb on top of him at the end of the trailer. That being said, at least she's a female character that takes initiative.

dr_jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 dr_jashugan
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts

Looks interesting. But I doubt that this game will be translated to English. :|

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

Embarrassing, JRPGs are like that thing you definitely don't want your friends to know that you play.

shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 shinrabanshou
Member since 2009 • 8458 Posts

Sasuke wants his hair back....

dr_jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 dr_jashugan
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts

Embarrassing, JRPGs are like that thing you definitely don't want your friends to know that you play.

GD1551

Does that mean you're embarrassed when your friends know you're playing Final Fantasy? :shock:

Mr_Cumberdale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 Mr_Cumberdale
Member since 2004 • 10189 Posts

GD1551
I don't see anything embarrassing about Demon Souls, etc.
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GD1551

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

Mr_Cumberdale

Like all things there are exceptions. The souls games being those exceptions.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GD1551

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

dr_jashugan

Does that mean you're embarrassed when your friends know you're playing Final Fantasy? :shock:

I've only played two of them, FF7 for about 30 minutes and 13 for about 1 hour. I can safely say I'd be embarrased to play 13 infront of someone.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

[QUOTE="Tikeio"]

hakanakumono

This is true. -__-;

Exactly. Looks like they're even slapping pointless partial nudity too. Why even bother -___-

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Tikeio
Member since 2011 • 5332 Posts

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

Mr_Cumberdale

If you want to make a valid point, naming one game (ect. :P) won't do any good.

I'm pretty sure he was talking in a general sense.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

[QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

Shirokishi_

still meh

:o
Really?
And maybe one day Crapcom will be kind enough to allow Last Ranker overseas. Its Imageepochs best game (probably because of all the outside help).

Yeah, it was incredible boring. As much as I dislike using the word "generic", it definitely fits ARF.

Soundtrack was by far the best part about it.

Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Another48hours
Member since 2012 • 1970 Posts

1.Person with black hair trying to figure out gender.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

2.I think i will use this tool for when I strip.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

3. Flame stripping.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

4.Masked Pedophiles.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

5.Surprise sexual assault from behind

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

6.Masturbation

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

Game looks pretty neat.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

[QUOTE="Tikeio"]

fend_oblivion

This is true. -__-;

Exactly. Looks like they're even slapping pointless partial nudity too. Why even bother -___-

Some people like it alot. I mean does it matter as long as you still enjoy the game. Also even for a panty shot in the game its a tame one. Theres no skin showing in that area.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#30 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
Well, the character designs are kind of fruity but better than most JRPGs.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Wanderer5

Well the trailer was nice. Presentation wise it looks great, but well we shall see how the gameplay does. Considering the chances of this coming overseas is pretty much zero, I will probably will pass on it especially since it turn based.

Avatar image for RurouniSaiyajin
RurouniSaiyajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 RurouniSaiyajin
Member since 2007 • 4951 Posts

Looks interesting but Imagepoch's recent games haven't been localized so there's no reason for me to get excited for this one just yet.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

Some people like it alot. I mean does it matter as long as you still enjoy the game. Also even for a panty shot in the game its a tame one. Theres no skin showing in that area.

finalfantasy94

I don't know but all this loli type crap freaks me out. Characters that look barely 13 wearing mini-mini skirts and S&M bondage gear freaks the hell out of me. Oh, and I was talking about the last pic.

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts
Oh boy, I love how many people are in here freaking out about a few images. JRPG just aren't for some people I guess. I don't see anything wrong with this game at all. For those people who are like "Who is a guy durp" I have to say...Seriously?. People are so afraid of sighting a boob or something riske in a JRPG, but when Mass Effect has full blown (Bad cutscenes and all) sex scenes it's a revelation to the WRPG world! ...god damn.
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GD1551

Oh boy, I love how many people are in here freaking out about a few images. JRPG just aren't for some people I guess. I don't see anything wrong with this game at all. For those people who are like "Who is a guy durp" I have to say...Seriously?. People are so afraid of sighting a boob or something riske in a JRPG, but when Mass Effect has full blown (Bad cutscenes and all) sex scenes it's a revelation to the WRPG world! ...god damn.Jynxzor

Err because in ME it would just be a scene, this sort of fanservice will probably follow you throughout the entire game. It's out of place and makes it seem that the game is built for a pervert or something.